Happy early Father’s Day to all the dads. Just a couple of notes and reminders for everybody:
1. Dennis Port Block Party next Wednesday the 18th from 4 to 6pm with a crime watch meeting to follow at 6:00 at the library. I am not available that day, but Sgt. Brady will be — along with any guests he brings along. It’s the last crime watch meeting until September, so come and bring your questions and concerns. He will fill you with what is happening around town and the PD.
2. I received a note from the town engineer about some traffic issues: West Dennis from the Bass River Bridge to Alburmar Road will be studied by surveyors in preparation of the sidewalk project. The completion is still probably three or four years away, so no immediate traffic concerns!
3. Monday — Rt. 28 Swan River Bridge will have lines painted (weather permitting).
4. Route 134 project — wrapping up next week. They are doing sidewalks and landscaping and touch ups now. Lines may get painted on Monday.
5. Bass River Bridge will be a mess until the fall — not much information there.
Another week of major traffic headaches due to construction, and then the volume of cars will be the traffic problem … gotta love the Cape!!
We also have some open spots for volunteers, if anyone is interested. You can contact myself or Deborah Thompson. Summer’s here! Stay safe and stay in touch.
Patrolman Ryan Carr
Community Policing Officer
Community Services Division
Dennis Police Department